"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure"
~Oprah Winfrey




Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quick Trip to Utah!!

 Be ready to be BOMBARDED with photos!  We were able to make a quick trip to Utah (when I say quick trip I mean 3 days - that's it!)  We were able to do so much fun stuff - but also didn't get to do half of what we wanted!  We were able to eat dinner with a couple of friends of ours in Colorado (no pictures) and then we were able to stop by Ry's Brother's house to see it!  Aiden was so excited to see his cousin Cole!

 Asher and Andrew weren't so sure about each other - but I hope they grow up to be buddies!

 Of course the boys had to play in the dirt :)
Emily made some delicious Orange Rolls we got to eat before continuing our LONG trip!

Aquarium

 After we visited Dave and Emily we drove straight up to Sandy to the Aquarium - it was so neat!
 We met my entire family there (I don't know where my family picture went)
 Asher enjoying the feeling pond - there are stingrays and a little shark you can pet in there

 Me and my sister

 This is the only picture of the octopus that turned out


 Aiden was having the time of his life!!
 June Suckers
 Aiden is the otter cage
 The only picture of an otter I could get - we got there right when they were feeding so there were none in the cage

 Gecko
 My brother and I ran over to see the Shark feeding.  The sharks were neat but the best part was...
 The eel!  Look at that thing?!

 Shark Jaw  Did you know 78 million sharks are killed every year - for shark fin soup?!  Never eat it!!
 Penguins
 Gators

 Piranhas
 the anaconda!
 We got to watch this feed to - it was awesome!


 She's 13 feet long!
 Aiden really liked it!

 This is a shrimp...HUGE huh?


 After the Aquarium we went to IKEA for lunch and shopping - probably my all time FAVORITE store ever - must be the Scandinavian blood in me!!  We also went to The Arthur home afterward for dinner and birthday treats!  It was so fun - but I forgot to take pictures :(

Dinosaur Museum

 The next day we took some family pictures - in the rain - and visited my best friend for a few minutes.  We were hoping to go to Cornbelly's but it was FREEZING, so we decided to go to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.

 Jack and Aid were hanging out the whole time!

 I love how the museum has a lot of hands on things for the kids!




 This is my cousin Spencer and there's something called "SPENCE" which is her nickname - so I had to take a picture of her next to it!  Isn't her little girl DARLING?!








 I love all the activities through out!  There's stuff for all the kids!

 (my camera died, so these last pictures are from our phone - excuse the poor quality!)


 The also had a little water area where the kids could build dams out of sand and bury dinosaurs, etc.  I didn't take any pictures because Asher was FREAKING out and I was worried about dropping the phone in the water!
 Ry switched off with me and got Ash calmed down.  What a fabulous Daddy!








 The last activity before you leave is this sand area.  There are shovels and paint brushes where the kids can "discover" their own buried Dinosaur!  It was so much fun!  This is another place I highly recommend checking out!

My Little Dragon

 After the museum we went to my parents house for another birthday celebration!  It was so much fun!  My mom bought costumes for both of the boys!  Aiden got a Spider Man Muscle Costume (all the pictures are on my sister's phone - but I'll have pictures next week!) and Asher got this darling Dragon costume!  How cute is he?!
 Look at the tail!!  Thanks mom and dad!

CORNBELLY'S

 Aid wanted to go to Cornbelly's so bad, so we braved the cold weather the next day and headed back to Thanksgiving point.  We couldn't stay long because we were meeting up with Ry's sister so the kids could play some more.  This is a place you could stay ALL day!  It was so much fun - even in the sprinkling rain!
 They had tons of games

 big wood toys and play sets






 pig races!

 Hay Bales


 and blow up toys for the kids!  It was SO much fun!!  We obviously had to get some cotton candy and kettle corn when we left!  This is yet another activity I highly recommend if you are in the area to go to!

 Cousins AKA Best Friends

 Aiden LOVES his cousins Jackson and Savannah (really he loves all his cousins, but I think since he and Jackson are practically the same age, he considers him to be his BEST friend)

 The LONG drive home

Sunday afternoon we headed down to Kanab (for the entire reason we came to Utah - that will be in another post) and Monday morning we began our journey home.

 It's a pretty drive for the most part -
 Until you reach the car graveyard!!  If you take the next 3 photos and lay them out side by side and imagine a 4th one in there - that's how big this thing is!  There are broke down cars as far as the eye can see.

 I guess it's artistic in a way - I find it awful personally!!
 The drive so far has consisted of these 2 stinkers sleeping - which is good until we want them to sleep at night!  I have a feeling the next week is gonna be rough trying to get back on our schedule!!

We had so much fun in Utah and got a lot accomplished!  For all my dear friends I wasn't able to see - we're already planning our next trip out this Summer and we'll be there for at least 1 week! Yay!!

(press "Older Posts" - there are 3 post before this one with catch up and current posts!!)

1 comment:

E n D said...

Looks like your Utah trip was a success! I love how your family pictures turned out! We are getting ours done next week :) Thanks for stopping to see us, it was fun!