******WARNING******
This post contains a picture of baby bodily - functions - and if you have a super weak stomach and cannot handle stuff like that...you have been warned...if you puke...sorry :)
(if you're a mommy...it's not that bad haha)
So..I've had a couple people ask me from time to time if I like my cloth diapers! I've noticed that I haven't posted a SINGLE THING about them other then when I got them in the mail before I had Mr. Ash. I LOVE MY CLOTH DIAPERS!!! There's SO many reasons I like the cloth diapers. Some of them are:
- No rashes! It's amazing! He's had ONE rash since I've used cloth diapers and it was when he was teething. Aiden ALWAYS had the most awful rashes! They would get so bad they would bleed and there was NOTHING I could do to help. I would change his disposable diapers every 2-3 hours and he'd STILL GET RASHES! Ash gets rashes when we use disposable diapers. My poor babies have super sensitive skin :(
- I don't have to worry about running out of diapers! This is SO nice! I have enough cloth diapers that I only need to wash them about once a week (twice if it's a rough week...but we can still make it about 5 days). I do at least one load of laundry a day anyway, so this doesn't throw a wrench into things.
- MONEY! I've heard people go back and forth over this. We spent about $450 for all the diapers and the "free" (dye free, etc) detergent. We in no way HAD to spend this much to start cloth diapering. This was enough for an entire weeks worth of cloth and over 6 months of detergent. YES you can easily spend way more if you aren't careful. It has ended up more then paying for itself already. With how often I was having to change disposables to avoid rashes (oh and no cheap diapers for ash...they make it worse)...I would've already spent a few hundred.
- The last I'll mention is where the picture comes in...NO BLOW OUTS!!!!! I have NEVER had a blow out with our cloth diapers (seriously). We put Ash in disposables for our California trip...and...no joke...we had TWO in less then 36 hours. They weren't little blow outs either...
Imagine what his clothes and body looked like!! It was awful! I felt so stupid too because I haven't had to deal with a blow out with Ash (Aiden had them on a daily basis...no exaggerating) so I just held him a couple feet away from me looking like a deer in headlights! Luckily Ry was there with the same look on his face, so I didn't fee quite as bad!
There are tons of other positives of cloth diapering (no chemicals, better for the environment, etc) but I'll stop now before I bore you all to death!
Finally, I'd like to leave you with a little statement my sweet 4 year old said to me. We were watching The Biggest Loser and he turns to me and says:
"Mom, do you want to be on The Biggest Loser? You should because they make you exercise so you don't get a fat old tummy!"
Point taken son. I guess I need to start letting him watch me exercise now huh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment