"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure"
~Oprah Winfrey




Monday, December 12, 2011

You could just lie

 See this cute little boy?! (this is a self portrait - let me just start by saying there were about 63 or so pictures almost exactly like this one on my camera when I found it...)
Mr. Asher had to go to the doctor due to a rash he had on his body.  It's quite similar to this that I had back in 2010.  Not fun!  While we were at the doctor's office (aka my work) a co-worker of mine informed Aiden (who has been BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS) that if he isn't good, Santa will only bring him a candy bar for Christmas.  When we finally got done, got a Rx and checked out the conversation between Me, Ry and the A-Man went as follows:

Aiden: "Mom, are we going to the North Pole?"
Me: "Umm...no.  I wasn't planning on it.  It's way too cold up there.  Why?"
Aiden: "Well, aren't you and Dad going to talk to Santa to tell him whether I was good or not?"
Ry: "Well, do you want us to talk to Santa to tell him how you were naughty at the doctors office?"
Aiden: "Well, if you talk to him you could just lie you know."

I WAS DYING!!  I do not condone lying at all, but it was SO funny that I couldn't help but laugh!  The conversation continued:

Ry: "Oh, so you want us to lie to Santa huh?  You know he heard you say that, don't you?"
Aiden: "Oh.  Well, I'm just kidding you know."

Yeah, needless to say, I was laughing hysterically by the time we got home!  He definitely brightens our day around here!  And chances of him getting a candy bar in his stocking from Santa is VERY high right now - if for nothing more then his mom to see his reaction when he opens that!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To funny! The things kids come up with!!

Mandy said...

Cute Family!! I love those hats. Heather I got your Christmas card the other day and it is so cute!! Thank You for sending me one! I'm so glad things are going well for you! I miss you girl!!