"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure"
~Oprah Winfrey




Saturday, September 24, 2011

Countdown to Disney Land & some catch up

 To start off with...look at that adorable little face covered in peas!  My baby is FIVE months old already!  I cannot believe it!  He eats rice cereal, peas and carrots.  This week we're gonna try sweet potatoes!  Yay!!

He is SUCH a big boy!  He's in 6-9 month clothes, but a lot of them are getting a little snug on him.  He's super tall too!  He has to wear 12 month PJ's because he's so tall!

Last week I was looking all over for Aiden, and couldn't find him anywhere!  I was starting to get a little worried, until I went in my room and found this....





How freaking sweet is this?!  I absolutely love my little guy!  I've heard that if you are having a hard time with your child, you should look at them when they're sleeping.  It's so true!  Look how perfect and angelic this little dude is!
 Plus, who wouldn't wanna fall asleep on my bed?!  Big marshmallow body pillows and a double pillow top mattress?  Yeah, you're jealous huh?
 Aiden is my little "art" man.  This means anything artistic, including dancing, singing, making up songs on his guitar and keyboard, taking pictures, coloring, painting, cutting, gluing...basically anything that could be considered artistic...this boy likes to do.
 So, obviously we had to make toilet paper roll binoculars!
 He LOVED these!! (and yes...Ry and I are 70 years old and watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night...)
 Classic Aiden pose
 Also...We are packing up and heading to Disney Land in T-Minus 24 days!  We are so excited and cannot wait!  To help with the excitement (and the crazy, jittery energy) we are doing a chain countdown and each link has an activity of some kind that we'll do (excuse the cinder block walls and the fire extinguisher that is a permanent piece of the kitchen...9 months...that's what I keep telling myself.)
 Anyway, today's link was making finger paint!  It was so easy, and Aiden loved it!  Best part...it cost like $.10 to make all these colors!  Just in case someone wants the recipe, it's 3 cups of water and 1 cup of cornstarch.  Boil about 2 & 1/2 cups of water, dissolve the cup of cornstarch in 1/2 cup of super hot water.  Once the water is boiling REMOVE FROM HEAT (super important step...I didn't do this and my finger paint was all lumpy...) pour in the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly, return to hear, boil until clear and thick (about a minute) pour into multiple dishes (I suggest going to the dollar store and getting a bunch of the little containers with lids...), add food coloring...stir, get creative!  Super easy and makes for HOURS of entertainment!
 Also, we're trying a couple of new behavior modification techniques.  I haven't put together a few of them yet (I'll share those with you as soon as they're ready) but we're very excited!  This first one is the "Reward Jar".  I didn't know what else to call it...so there ya go.
 Basically it's a rewards/consequences jar based on his choices.  If he makes a good choice, is obedient, helpful, etc. etc. then he can earn a "marble".  Once he get's to a line on the inside of the tub he will get to go pick out any candy bar (I can always hope he'd go for apples and grapes, but he is a 4 year old little guy) at the store.  He has done AWESOME today!  Toward the end of the day he got quite out of control, so he had to take a bunch of his marbles out of his jar, but I think it'll be successful!
Okay...he lost A LOT of his "marbles" tonight, but it was the first day.  I think the best part of it is that HE puts his marbles in and HE has to take them out.  And we always say "I'm so happy/sorry that you made that choice!" and then he puts one in or takes one out.  There was NO arguing with him to put his toys away, getting ready for bed, eating lunch and dinner, etc.  So, I'll have to let you know how it turns out later!

Tomorrow we're painting rocks and introducing the "Time Out Jar" or as Aiden calls it..."The Angry Jar".  I hope y'all are having a great beginning of Fall!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

DISNEYLAND?? Jealous! Have so much fun! That's going to be the best time to go with all the cute Halloween stuff out.