"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure"
~Oprah Winfrey




Monday, June 17, 2013

Chicken and our Chicken Coop

 When I was in Utah in April my Uncle gave us 3 chickens.  I LOVE these Chickens!  One escaped in a gas station parking lot in Colorado - I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere considering like 10 people were watching me chase her around!  Finally a nice biker guy helped me corner an catch my beloved chicken.  I'm sure it was quite a site! :)
 Here's my beauties in the new chicken coop that Ry and I BUILT!
 (the bucket hanging is no longer in there and instead of grass there is now chicken wood shavings)

 We built it out of pallets and old fencing from Ry's work


 behind the tree there's a little stream that flows through there.  It's awesome because we have a million spiders and grasshoppers right there - the chickens LOVE eating them!
 The tree being there is so nice!  It gives them lots of shade which is great considering how hot it gets in the middle of the day
 This beauty is name The Lone Ranger - she was the gas station escapee.
 The one there is Kimosabe.  I LOVE her!  When I pick her up she rests her head on my arm.  
 And this is Shanobi (this Obi-wan KANOBI and there ya go).  She's a Diva but she's my favorite.  She'll follow me around the whole perimeter of the fence.  They all come now when I call for them - but she's my buddy.
Here they are grazing!  They seem to love it and my kids LOVE them!  Ash likes to get in there with them and try to catch them.  None of them are brave enough to let Ash anywhere near them.  Maybe someday :)

No comments: