"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure"
~Oprah Winfrey




Thursday, June 7, 2012

To Infinity and Beyond!

 Ryan got a phone call from our landlord a couple of weeks ago and she said "Ryan! You have to come over right away! There's a snake in my yard!" Now, if you know my husband you know he really doesn't like snakes.  He went over anyway to help our 70 year old landlady to rescue her.  Aiden, Asher and I were outside on the porch when he left and we decided to just stay out there and wait for him.  It's really nice outside at night!

Aiden disappeared inside for a few minutes, and when he came out he had in his back pack, a water bottle, Ry's shoes, and carrying a very large stick.  He came over to me, grabbed my face between his little hands, gave me a big kiss on the cheek and said, "Mom, I love you to infinity and beyond.  Now I need to go catch 10 snakes at my school."  It was the funniest, cutest thing I've ever heard!  Since he knows that Mommy's worry, he called me on his "cell phone" that was safely tucked away in his back pack and said "Mom, I just killed 11 snakes, but don't you worry! I'm okay! It didn't take too long huh? I love you so much okay? Bye!"  What a blessing this little guy is! (BTW, don't worry - the snake in the picture above is fake. It's been a fun little prank around this house!)
Mr. Asher is doing well also!  Still not walking!  He CAN walk, he just won't.  If I'm in the kitchen, I'll look in the living room and he'll be walking around, then as soon as he makes eye contact with me, he falls to the ground and crawls everywhere.  Little stinker!  He is finally signing milk, food and all done!  It's taken FOREVER to get him to sign that much and he says "cakas" (crackers), mama and dada.  That's it.  He finally waves and will signal for you to "come here".  He is such a sweet little guy with a funny personality!  We is definitely not a cautious as Aiden is (which is good and bad) - I have a feeling there will be lots of doctor and/or ER visits in this little guys future!  (He likes to throw himself backwards off of just about everything - and now he can climb up onto the couch and small chairs, etc....so I can't let Ash out of my sight for a minute without a crash and crying!)
Ryan is LOVING his new job!  I'm so glad he likes it as much as he does - it made the degree and all the crazy school stuff completely worth it all!  The only thing that's not so awesome about this job is the pay - but I guess that's what happens when you work for the state!  At least when he gets on permanent somewhere, the benefits are really great!  He's applied for jobs in Texas, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.  We're actually really surprised at how many permanent jobs there are that match his schooling and such!  We'll see what happens, but I'm hoping we stay in Big Water for a couple more months (I really don't want to move again).  Plus, I've grown rather fond of Big Water!  There is absolutely NOTHING out here and it's awesome!  My hermit-antisocial side of me is in love! :)  Ryan LOVES stuff like this too!  If he had it his way, we'd live up in the mountains somewhere with the nearest neighbor being 50 miles away :)

I'm still staying at home with the boys.  It's been quite the adjustment and I'm still trying to figure it all out, but we're working on it!  Between picking up after the boys, feeding the boys, dressing the boys (which happens more than once most day), trying to do other house work, and trying to fit in exercise and showering for me (apparently I have a good 25 pounds to lose - who knew I was overweight?!), plus trying to get dinner done and keeping some kind of schedule around here - there's no time to really figure out a routine.  The only definite in our day is waking up at 7:30, nap time at noon, and bedtime between 7 & 8 (for the kiddos).  Everything in between is random!  It's been fun though!  I think once Aiden starts school, soccer, dance and anything else he's gonna want to do - it'll be much easier being home all day!  Any tips or advice from my stay at home friends??

I have TONS of blogging to catch up on (a good 12 or so posts!) - so once I clear up some space on my blog here, be ready for updates every other day or so!!  :)  Happy Summer everyone!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, snakes... Not my favorite. Glad that Ryan likes his job :) It makes life enjoyable when you like what you're doing. Asher is getting so big!

Rob and Jennifer said...

Sounds like big water is treatIng you well! Being a stay at home mom can be challenging I hear ya! Especially when you don't live near family to give you a break.

Emily said...

Oh honey, you do NOT need to lose 25 pounds! I swear it's a genetic thing. My BMI reading said I was borderline overweight at 5'10" and 175 pounds, but I was wearing a size 12, which is average. I HAVE lost weight since then, but seriously - I didn't need to because I was healthy and looked fine. So I think you are JUST FINE!!! :) Good luck on the NM adventure!