"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure"
~Oprah Winfrey




Monday, May 16, 2011

Asher's Here!

So lots of people asked for pregnant pictures of me...gross! :) well here you go! Don't make fun...I had only slept an hour or 2 that night (I was so excited knowing my little man was coming the next day), and then these were taken right after I slept for about another hour. The hospital called and asked if I could be there in like half an hour. Obviously I said YES!
The only picture I have being pregnant with Aiden are the night before I had him, so it'll be interesting to compare! I think I'm MUCH bigger here then I was with Aiden.

He's so excited knowing his brother is coming! My "Labor Story" is nothing too exciting. I was induced 5 days before my due date. So, we got to the hospital and they got me started. I was still only dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced...which is where I had been for WEEKS! Once they started me on pitocin, they said I could have my epidural anytime. I waited a while, but once they started to get slightly intense, the nurse said that the anesthesiologist was on the floor, so he could come in and give me my epidural. So, I did it :) This was at about noon. Aiden came same fast, so we were expecting the same thing to happen with Asher. It didn't. It wasn't an extremely long labor (almost 9 hours exactly from the time we arrived at the hospital until he was born). Once I dilated to a 5 (at 6 pm) it was real quick. I went from a 5 to a 10 (ready to push) in 45 minutes! The doctor and nurses got everything ready, and at 7:01 (after about 2 minutes of pushing...yay me!) we welcomed Asher Howard to our family!

He is so perfect! 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 20 inches long. The nurse measured him a few times because he looks SO much longer then 20 inches. He has the longest little fingers and toes you've ever seen!

I was super swollen for a few days from all the stuff that was pumped into my system. SO worth it though!

Our little family! Can you tell both Ry and I had been asleep an hour before this picture was taken? :)

Aiden's first time holding his brother

He is such a good big brother!

Reading a story to brother

These are the flowers Aiden picked out for me. He is such a sweet boy! I guess when we went to the hospital, Aiden was giving my poor mom such a hard time. My mom finally sat him down and asked him what was wrong. He said "is my brother going to hurt my mom? Is her tummy gonna be okay?" How sweet is that? Then when they came to the hospital Aiden saw these flowers in the gift shop. He asked the cashier lady if he could bring these to his mom. The cashier told him he had to pay for them and Aiden got extremely sad and told her "I don't have money to buy them for my mom." so grandma loaned him the money to bring them to me.

How did I get so lucky to have 2 wonderful sons?!


More posts are coming...I'm really far behind...but have a good reason :)

1 comment:

The Copelands said...

9 hours isn't that long!! I was in labor at the hospital for 20 1/2 hours! Asher sure is adorable!! I can't wait to meet him when we get back to Utah!